Professionals Delivering Programs for Youth
Founded in 1960, the Youth Services Bureau of Ottawa (YSB) is one of the largest and most comprehensive non‑profit agencies serving youth in this community. More than 350 caring professionals work from 20 locations across the city to deliver a vast range of programs and services that support at‑risk youth and their families.
YSB is a registered charity (#10822 8545 RR0001). We receive funding from the Province of Ontario, the City of Ottawa, the United Way, and generous private donors. In 2010, our annual operating budget was over $24 million. Extremely efficient, we spend just 9.5% of our budget on administration, leaving the remaining 90.5% for program delivery.
RESOURCES AND CAREERS
With 50 years of supporting youth in the Ottawa area, YSB is valued for its expertise in the areas of homelessness, housing, mental health, youth justice, employment, health, diversity, and youth engagement.
Get access to resources developed specifically for the YSB community.
At YSB we offer you the opportunity to play a meaningful role in creating lasting, positive change in young people’s lives, as well in the lives of their families and communities.
Find answers to frequently asked questions by our community.
Our Vision: Impact tomorrow today.
We are committed to providing a safe, non-judgmental and accessible environment where individuals 12 years and older can pursue their life goals and be encouraged in making informed decisions.
Youth Services Bureau is a multi-service agency that provides services in French and English in employment, health and housing, mental health, youth engagement and youth justice. We work in partnership to develop, deliver and advocate for better conditions, services and opportunities for youth and families.
Our Belief statement
Through our services we:
- Value accountability for our clients & ourselves
- Believe in empowering youth and families
- Believe in meaningful youth engagement as core to our practice
- Value diversity
- Value the continuous review of the quality of our work
- Believe in making our services accessible
- Believe in collaboration
Board of Directors
YSB’s Board of Directors is the governing body of the organization. Its role is to articulate our mission, set our strategic direction, define our goals, and measure and report on our performance.
YSB Senior Management
- David Smith Treatment Centre
- Eastern Ontario Youth Justice Agency
- École Le Transit
- Équipe psychosociale pour enfants et adolescents
- Mohawk Council of Akwesasne
- Family Court Clinic
- Humane Society
- John Howard Society of Ottawa
- La Cité Collégiale
- Maison Fraternité
- McHugh School
- Multicultural Arts for Schools and Communities
- Northern Lights CDA
- Ontario Works
- Ottawa Police Services
- Ottawa School Boards
- Conseil des écoles catholiques de langues française de Centre-Est
- Conseil des écoles publiques de l’Est de l’Ontario
- Phoenix Centre for Children and Families
- Probation Services
- Radha Yoga
- Rideauwood Addiction and Family Services
- Roberts Smart Centre
- Royal Ottawa Hospital
- St. Lawrence College
- Sandy Hill Community Health Centre
- Social Housing Registry – Ottawa Community Housing
- The Ottawa Food Bank
- University of Ottawa
- Vanier Community Health Centre
- Wabano Centre