Looking for a fun, queer chat with people your age? Want to just hang out, eat some snacks and meet new friends? Are you interested in having some discussions about sexuality, identity, homophobia and your personal experience? YSB is proud to offer Spectrum, a weeklyTuesday evening program for LGBTQ+ youth in Ottawa!
How to access the program
Spectrum is wheelchair accessible, and meets every Tuesday from 6-8 p.m. at 147 Besserer St. Open to youth ages 12 to 25.
Get in touch with Spectrum, or check out their latest activities, on their Facebook page
We provide workshops, discussion groups, and art collaborations, as well as counselling services, peer mentoring, and primary care resources.
Spectrum can help with challenges like depression, anxiety and suicide while also offering practical support to navigate the mental health, housing and educational systems.
Spectrum is also a safe space for youth to:
- Meet new people
- Engage in workshops and discussions
- Access services like showers, laundry, computers, telephones
- Get referrals
- Access trained counsellors and peer mentors if youth need to talk
- Just hang out!
Each Tuesday evening offers:
- An introduction to our space and expectations
- A queer current events discussion
- Access to snack during group, showers, laundry, harm reduction supplies, telephone, internet
- Access to crisis counsellors from YSB and/or our in-house counsellor from Centretown Community Health Centre
- A relaxed space where youth can be out and proud!
Contact: Michael-Sean Morgan
613-241-7788 ext. 413