YSB’s Youth Mental Health Walk-in Clinic
- Click here to download our welcome package. This package includes: Welcome letter, consent for services, consent to use email, Choice questionnaire, demographics survey, confidentiality pamphlet, and complaints pamphlet. We’ll discuss these documents at the beginning of your session.
Our Crisis Line & Crisis Chat are always open. Click here to access.
How to Access YSB’s Youth Mental Health Walk-in Clinic
For youth ages 12 to 20, and/or their parents or caregivers
Walk-in sessions: Tuesdays (300–1355 Bank St.) and Thursdays (2225 Mer Bleue Rd.), 12 noon to 8 p.m. (last session is at 6 p.m.).
Questions? Call us at 613-562-3004.
Are you having problems with a relationship, or a recent break-up? Too much fighting at home? Struggling with questions of sexual or gender identity? The Youth Mental Health Walk-in Clinic offers single counselling sessions for youth whose needs are more immediate. Often, one of the most difficult steps can be gathering enough courage to ask for help. Getting help sooner can make all the difference.
Is this right for me?
- You are 12 to 20 years old—or the parent of a teen
- You think the solution is in your control
- You need reassurance that your reaction to a troubling situation is normal
- You can identify, with the help of a counsellor, helpful solutions, past successes, and reasonable expectations
- You are “stuck” in a feeling (anger, guilt, grief) towards a past event and are looking for ways to get “unstuck.”
A single counselling session may be enough to address your needs. Other options of service can also be explored. Click here to learn more about CAPA.
The Clinic is less likely to benefit you if you are feeling suicidal right now or are actively suffering from a serious mental health diagnosis. The Clinic is also less likely to benefit you if you feel need ongoing support to work through and escape the effects of abuse. If you are experiencing a crisis, or need to talk about any of the above, you can call the 24/7 Crisis Line at 613-260-2360 at any time.