IT’S THE GREATEST GIFT – THE GIFT OF HOME
Sponsor a Shelter Room for Homeless Youth Today
No young person should be sleeping on the street. With support from caring individuals, community groups and corporations, they don’t have to be. YSB offers the only shelters for youth in our city, as well as transitional and long-term housing options. Our Young Women’s and Young Men’s Emergency Shelters offer immediate care to Ottawa’s homeless youth population, as well as services that make sure they are able to leave the streets for good.
What Do Youth Find at a YSB Shelter?
- A warm bed, a private room and a sense of home where none exists
- Complete nutritious meals to nourish them
- Dedicated counsellors and youth workers who believe in them
- Critical programs in mental health, employment and education to help them stay off the streets and begin life anew with greater confidence, self-esteem and the skills to succeed.
Adopt a Room Today
Every YSB shelter room is a new beginning for youth in our care.
You can give homeless young people a safe place to sleep, dream, and rebuild their lives. Sponsor a room as an individual, family, community group, school, or corporation, and you’ll ensure young people have access to critical supports during a most urgent time in their life.
YSB is a leader in the fight to end youth homelessness in Ottawa. With the generous support of people like you, we help young people break the cycle of chronic homelessness for good.
Sponsorship of a shelter room is $3,500 for one year.
As a valued partner, you will receive:
- Name recognition outside your sponsored shelter room
- A tour of the shelter where your room is located
- A photo opportunity of you and your group to be shared publically on YSB’s social media (optional)
- Name recognition in YSB’s newsletter to donors
- First right for renewal at the end of your adoption period
Since 1960, YSB has been a leader in the fight to prevent and end youth homelessness in Ottawa. Join us today by sponsoring a shelter room and giving vulnerable youth more than just a home: give them hope.
To sponsor a room or for more information, contact: Savanna Schiavo, Fundraising Coordinator, 613-729-0577 ext. 1260 or email: email@example.com